VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., with worldwide sales in excess of $3.6 billion in 2010, VWR delivers a world of supplies and services that accelerate science through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as industrial, educational and governmental organizations. With more than 150 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities across the globe. VWR has over 7,000 associates, in more than 25 countries working to streamline the way researchers stock and maintain their labs. With a client base spanning North America, Europe and Asia, VWR is firmly positioned to maintain a strong global presence. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing on-site services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; education assistance; and a credit union.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Warehouse material handlers are responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of products to meet VWR standards of productivity, quality, safety, and customer service. This position is based in an industrial warehouse setting and is a position that is flexible to a wide array of duties within warehousing.
Warehouse material handlers essential duties are to perform various tasks in the warehouse such as but not limited to:
- Inbound: Unload trucks, trailers, containers of freight, counting products, compare to manifest to check all shipments for damage, infestation, or production code dates. Material handlers must report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments on appropriate forms. Also be able to sign for inbound shipments when necessary. All inbound shipments are moved safely to storage locations to be efficiently stacked as store merchandise.
- Order Picking : Ensure that the correct product number, quantity and type (lot, batch, serial number) of product are picked. Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment such as but not limited to fork trucks, cherry pickers, or pallet jacks. Materials handlers must be able to label, stencil, tag, mark orders, band, bundle, wrap, over-pack, and palletize as required.
- Outbound: Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure out-going shipments are complete and correct. Assign signature for outbound as necessary. Efficiently move product, cartons and or pallets into trailers, rail cars or containers.
- Equipment : Maintain equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Comply with company standards and OSHA requirements.
- Inventory : Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts. Ensure proper stock rotation. May key inventory adjustments in computer.
- Other Duties : Repack or re-box cases per customer instructions. Repair and consolidate damaged goods as required. Operate shrink-wrap machine. Charge forklift battery as needed; stack and or separate good from bad pallets when necessary; clean railcars, trailers, and truck docks, bays as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift up to 75 pounds. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Must be available to work any shift.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High School education or GED is required and 1-3 years of warehousing experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- OSHA Forklift and HAZMAT certification a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret SOP’s, coverage, documents, and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Understanding of metric system measurements is beneficial.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry but detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Skill and ability to type. Skill and ability to operate a computer. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work. Skill and ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment. Skill and ability to use Microsoft office tools and company software.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.VWRjobs.com .
VWR International - 4 years ago
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions...