As an experienced Claims Representative for workers’ compensation lost time claims you will handle claims of medium exposure and complexity, within specific limits and authority. You will also manage subrogation of claims and negotiate settlements
So make the right choice—with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life—choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
What You'll Do
As an experienced Representative with prior knowledge in workers’ compensation lost time claims you will have the opportunity to establish a solid foundation by conducting the following duties:
- Analyze claims, set reserves, determine compensability, pay benefits and settle claims with established dollar authority.
- Develop and manage workers' compensation claims action plans to resolution, coordinates return-to-work efforts, and approve claim payments.
- Prepare claims for settlement and negotiate settlement with best outcome.
- Manage and direct all cases to closure in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Communicate claim action/processing with claimant and client in a professional and timely manner.
What it Takes
What You'll Receive
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience handling and workers compensation lost time claims.
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to review and interpret complex and detailed documents such as contracts, medical reports and insurance regulations.
- Effective and efficient at working a computer.
- Ability to meet travel requirements of the job to include business related assignments, with limited notice as business needs arise. Travel may require driving, flying or any other necessary form of transportation.
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off or Time Away from Territory Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Sentry Insurance - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...