The Manager, Web Development will lead a range of projects to support the execution of a variety of web applications and digital campaign initiatives. This role requires a hands-on technical leader whose skills combine coding expertise, with the ability to drive teams through the entire web development lifecycle. As our Manager, Web Development you’ll lead technical delivery and all operational support functions for Web development in our fast-paced, results-driven agency. We’re looking for an individual to own this key discipline and lead by example with demonstrated expertise in architecture and code. Hands on development time will be as much a part of the work day as leading and mentoring the team across lines of business within the agency.
You will be responsible for establishing and ensuring the consistent use of agency standards for coding style, source control, bug/issue tracking, use of frameworks and content management systems and delivering work that meets or exceeds the project’s requirements.
He/She will also serve as a member of the Response Mine Interactive Management Team.
• Design and development of Web applications and campaigns including content management systems, Web Sites, micro sites, landing pages, and mobile campaigns
• Schedule and estimate technology and development jobs
• Create, grow and scale team in a fast paced collaborative company environment
• Coaches staff in the development and completion of their work plans, assigned duties, responsibilities and scope of authority
• Interface and consult with other department management as well as outside vendors to identify, assess, select and develop technology solutions that best meet business requirements within budget
• Working with System Administrator to develop, implement, manage and maintain strategic technology plan including mission-critical applications, network, and systems development
• Experience developing large scale web applications preferably utilizing agile processes such as Scrum or Kanban
• Directs development of technical documentation including data schemas, system architecture diagrams, tech specs, etc.
• 7+ years of developing and delivering customer facing web or mobile experiences with at least 2 of those years managing and building a development team
• Strong, demonstrable experience in system architecture and N-tier application development using a range of different languages such as .NET, JAVA, and PHP
• Experience with range of frameworks for rapid prototyping and enterprise applications
• Hands on experience in DB development and admin, OOP, ORM, and API’s
• XML, XSL and XSLT experience
• Experience working closely with information architects and web designers is crucial
Response Mine Interactive, Inc. - 2 years ago