Western Union Digital Business, located in San Francisco, is seeking a seasoned professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to drive organization change to join the leadership team of this rapidly growing business in the mobile money transfer arena. The director of Finance will provide support to rapidly accelerate the growth of Western Union's Online / Mobile business and develop innovative business models utilizing the company's unique customer assets to grow out the digital business.
The director of finance is a critical advisor to business leaders in driving the strategic direction and financial objectives for the newly created Western Union Digital business in San Francisco. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about building a business in the mobile space This individual will be responsible for partnering with the SVP/GM of Western Union Digital, senior business leaders, and other business and finance leaders across Western Union to drive organic and non-organic growth, including acquisitions and game changing break-throughs. In this role, the successful candidate will provide financial and strategic leadership and guidance in a high investment / high potential return environment. The qualified candidate will routinely provide strategic business analysis and recommendations, assessing risks and opportunities, priorities and action plans for complex business issues. In addition, the successful candidate will assume ultimate responsibility for finance team's performance in support of business objectives.
The Director of Finance responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee all budgeting and financial reporting functions for Western Union Digital while working closely with other corporate functional areas. Maintain responsibility for accurate revenue and expense estimates, financial plans, business forecasts, and business cases.
- Partner closely with senior leaders to proactively identify and address ways to improve existing business models and/or create new business models to accelerate revenue growth. Develop and implement initiatives to reduce costs and enhance profitability.
- Quantify and report long-range business plans and annual budgets, including coordinating formal business reviews for senior management.
- Evaluate and refine financial controls and other financial risk measurement and mitigation elements. Proactively identify and evaluate financial issues and potential problems and provide timely solutions from a variety of perspectives.
- Partner closely with Customer Analytics and senior marketing leaders to optimize the return on marketing and pricing related investments.
- Partner closely with Corporate Development to actively engage in M&A activities, including target identification, strategic assessment, business model evaluation and due diligence.
- Build the leadership function and capability of the finance organization to continuously sustain a high quality team. Manage, develop and engage the finance team in a way that motivates people and encourages high level performance and discretionary effort.
- A bachelor's degree and CPA and/or MBA
- 10+ years of progressive financial management experience preferably in the financial services industry.
- Experience working in both a large-scale global organization (Fortune 500) and an entrepreneurial environment.
- A diversity of work experiences across a broad range of functional areas including financial planning and analysis, management consulting / corporate strategy, investment banking, and accounting.
- Experience identifying emerging market opportunities and developing new and innovative business models.
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is a leader in global payment services. Together with its Vigo, Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Western Union Business Solutions branded payment services, Western Union provides consumers and businesses with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, to send payments and to purchase money orders. The Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded services are offered through a combined network of approximately 435,000 Agent locations in 200 countries and territories. In 2009, The Western Union Company completed 196 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide, moving $71 billion of principal between consumers, and 415 million business payments. For more information, visit www.westernunion.com.
Western Union - 14 months ago
The Western Union Company (Western Union) is engaged in money transfer and payment services. The Companys services are available through a n...