Neato Robotics is developing technology at the forefront of robotics & artificial intelligence.
Our products are designed to free people from household chores and will change how we all look at housekeeping tasks.
Neato is a fast growing developer and manufacturer of intelligent autonomous robotic floor cleaning products for the consumer market. Neato has a worldwide customer base, and global partners. Our robots will continue to improve people’s lives through increasingly sophisticated versions of the platform as well as variations on the functionality that will be designed to penetrate a number of potential markets.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineering and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in taking startups from early start up to multinational enterprises.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
We are looking for a talented Sr.Robotics Software Engineer to join our growing Newark, California based team.
As part of Neato’s Software development team, The Sr. Robotics Software Engineer will be working on Neato’s next generation product and will report to the Director of Software engineering as well as work closely with marketing and QA teams
The Sr. Robotics Software Engineer will also need to be flexible enough to work on the other components of the robot software, test software and possibly web software. He /She must have a strong background in robotics.
The Sr. Robotics Software Engineer will be pivotal in the development of a new GUI for the robot. This position has an emphasis on GUI development, control of autonomous robotics, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
He/She will be developing advanced remote controls for interfacing to the robot. Following this development, the Software Engineer will move on to other advanced feature developments for the next generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop remote control GUI for next generation of robot
- Conduct usability analysis
- Develop and Improve Robotic algorithms
- Develop Digital Signal Processing algorithms
- Develop SLAM algorithms
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a high degree of independence, strong software skills, and excellent diagnostic skills. A candidate for this position must have excellent math skills and experience in robotics at a corporate level and not singularly academic projects.
- PhD/MS in Computer Science or Mathematics with relevant experience in robotics or artificial intelligence
- 4+ years working experience in writing C and C++ applications
- Experience designing with localization algorithms and Path Planning algorithms
- 4+ working experience in structured software development process
- 4+ years working experience in developing real time systems, or gaming software
- 4+ years working experience with hardware and software issues
- Experience in Swarm theory is desirable
- Experience with optics is desirable
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent software coding and debug skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Background with boundary following algorithms and obstacle avoidance
- Working knowledge with PID controls, machine learning, Kalman Filtering, collision avoidance and path planning
- Must have a minimum of 4 years practical working experience
- Familiarity with boundary following algorithms and obstacle avoidance