Functions as a para-professional member of the Hospice team supervised by a Patient Care Manager. Perform various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs, to promote the patient’s comfort, and a safe environment. Observe patients and report/document these observations and the services provided. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
Examples of duties include but are not limited to:
- Respond to patient’s/family’s/caregiver’s needs promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the Patient Care Manager immediately.
- Meet safety needs of patients and use equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, restraints, etc.)
- Report on patient’s condition and significant changes to the Case Manager/Patient Care Coordinator.
- Keep patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate.
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of home Hospice services to patients/families/caregivers.
- Perform or assist patient with personal care activities as prescribed in the care plan, including but not limited to hygiene, mobility and elimination. If unable to perform a certain task, report to Case Manager/Patient Care Manager immediately.
DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- Completion of recognized Nurse Assistant certification program
- Passing score on competency skills test.
- Minimum of one-year direct patient care experience in an institutional or home care or inpatient setting required. Hospice experience preferred.
- Skilled in the proper technique for lifting and transferring patients.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions and document care given.
- Understands Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill.
Job Categories: Hospice and Medical . Job Types: Full-Time . Job Tags: CNA and hospice .
1 total views, 1 today
Halcyon Healthcare - 12 months ago