This individual will be the Lead DBA which supports all Production and Development Oracle databases and SQL Server Databases. In addition, this individual will design and implement infrastructure required to provide highly available Oracle and SQL Database services and the definition, documentation and implementation of DR services. This position will also be required to lead discussions related to DB design and performance tuning needed to scale the Oracle and SQL database environment as business growth dictates. You will be working with a team of top-notch engineering, Developers and operations professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide production and development Database Administration for Oracle and SQL Server
• Install, patch, upgrade and migrate oracle/SQL Server databases on Windows and UNIX
• Experience with Oracle 9i, 10g and 11i Enterprise Edition, Data Guard, PL/SQL.
• Experience of managing multiple MS SQL 2008 & 2012 on large systems
• Provide support on Oracle Portal, Oracle iAS, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Forms and Reports
• Experience with designing database, query troubleshooting and data warehousing is required
• Drive database capacity planning and provisioning exercises for Oracle/SQL Server databases.
• Implement and Maintain Oracle Enterprise manager for Oracle Monitoring
• Continually review, enhance and document policies and procedures ensuring IS excellence.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle/SQL Server including Installation, backup, restore and Tuning.
• Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
• Experience of Transactional SQL and DTS stored procedures
• Practical experience in managing the external and external MS SQL database security
• Create, manage and delete users on all the Oracle and SQL Server databases as required
Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
roactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed
decisions regarding resource management.
Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL Server and Oracle development.
Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales
- 6 Years Experience with Oracle 9i, 10g and 11i Enterprise Edition, Data Guard, PL/SQL.
6 Years Experience of managing multiple MS SQL 2008 & 2012 on large systems
Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012 & 2012
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 & 2012
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Computer Science
Oracle Certified Professional
Microsoft MSDBA certification
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
Raytheon - 30+ days ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly p...