Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services.
Working from our office in Columbia, MD, the Academic Placement Associate’s primary responsibilities are to assist the Academic Placement Services Team by accurately and efficiently reviewing incoming students’ academic documentation. This position requires verification of enrollment information into Connections Education’s learning management system (Connexus™). The Associate communicates with families regarding missing or incomplete paperwork and answers parent inquiries. Other responsibilities include the maintenance of enrollment data and assisting with the saving, uploading, and scanning of special education, gifted, and other academic documentation as needed. This position is integral to the success of the Academic Placement Services Team. The Associate will work with the Academic Placement Services Team to provide the most accurate and timely turnaround of data verification. A successful candidate will remain current on regulations and requirements for all states in addition to state and federal guidelines related to student data and school specific deadlines. As a critical connection between Connections Academy and our families, it is essential that the Academic Placement Associate, provide the necessary level of support to meet our goals.
• Accurate processing of academic placement documentation within 24 business hours of receipt;
• Communicate with families that are missing or have submitted invalid academic documentation and follow up to ensure the delivery of these documents;
• Assist the Academic Placement Services Administrative Assistant with naming, saving, uploading and scanning of special education, gifted, and other academic documents;
• Assist with outbound call efforts;
• Assist the Academic Placement Services Team in Connexus™ record maintenance, as needed;
• Maintain accuracy of student records/data in accordance with all regulatory requirements;
Other General Responsibilities:
• Review Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and other Special Educational documentation for compliance and completeness;
• Demonstrate a general understanding of Connections Academy’s special education program, Individual Education Programs (IEPs), and processes for supplying related services to students;
• Coordinate with the Enrollment Team to assist with counseling calls made to prospective families;
• Run and manipulate reports utilizing the learning management system;
• Basic administration of accounts in the Connections Academy learning management system and other third party accounts;
• Assist with assigning supplemental programs if requested by the school staff;
• Other duties as assigned by the Academic Placement Services Team Managers
• Prior school enrollment/registration experience a plus
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Knowledge of online student information systems a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent computer skills
• Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Highly organized, self-motivated, hard worker
• Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
• Excellent customer service skills a plus
• Ability to pay close attention to detail is essential
Connections Academy - 14 months ago