Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Under limited supervision, administers basic and advanced life support and stabilization procedures to patients at the accident or illness scene, and during transport to medical facilities. As a Field Training Officer and team leader, supervises and coordinates ambulance unit activities during a shift to include the oversight of newly hired employees participating in the department's formal new hire field training program or ride-along students while on an ambulance in field internship.
Department Knowledge and Experience
o The organizational structure of Piedmont Emergency Medical Services; geographical configuration and characteristics of response districts; emergency operations, incident management systems, safety practices, and policies and procedures regarding the operation the department as they involve line EMS providers.
- At least two years full time experience as a line EMS provider with Piedmont Emergency Medical Services as a paramedic
- Completion of Piedmont Emergency Medical Services' Field Training Officer Program with a competency score of 80% or greater on the final exam
- General Prerequisite Knowledge.
o The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing utilizing technology provided by Piedmont Emergency Medical Services; write reports, letters, and memos utilizing word processing and spreadsheet programs; and effectively operate at initial incident management levels in the incident management system utilized by Piedmont Emergency Medical Services and York County
- General Prerequisite Skills.
- Completion of a certificate level paramedic program
- Associate Degree and Health Sciences or related field preferred
icensure and Certification:
- South Carolina Paramedic certification
- NREMT-Paramedic Certificate preferred
- BCLS- with the ability to obtain instructor status
- ACLS- with the ability to obtain instructor status
- PEPP or PALS- with the ability to obtain instructor status
- Completion of the NAEMT EMS Safety Course preferred
- Valid South Carolina or North Carolina Drivers License
340-Piedmont Medical Center - Rock Hill, SC
Tenet Healthcare - 23 months ago