Parallon Business Solutions includes financial services, revenue operations, patient account services, health information management, and human resources for our non-hospital lines of business, allowing patient care delivery partners to direct all of their attention and commitment to quality patient care.
The File Clerk is responsible for the organization of the file area, retrieving and filing of paper patient records within the HIM Department, retrieving and reconciling medical records from ancillary departments and nursing units, copying medical records, and processing of loose reports. Facility File Clerks will also be responsible for training physicians on Portal/hCare, reviewing and obtaining documentation for unbilled accounts. Processing accounts assigned to facility HPF work queues. The Facility File Clerk is responsible for scanning and indexing late documentation received in the HIM department.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments
· Assists in reconciling retrieved medical records against patient discharge listings to ensure receipt of all records within twenty-four (24) hours of discharge/visit
· Routes loose reports and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging area for scanning
· Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding
· Pulls 60 facility paper medical records per hour as requested by customer(s)
· Files and/or re-files120 facility paper medical records per hour as required
· Requests and returns paper records from off-site storage as applicable
· Retrieves and prints medical records from microfilm (as applicable)
· Trains physicians on Portal/hCare
· Processes accounts in assigned facility HPF work queues/routers
· Opens HIM mail and routes medical record requests to HIM document scanning
· Photocopies paper medical records as directed by the ROI staff
· Assists in the processing of walk-in requests for Release of Information
· Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards while achieving or exceeding established requirements for accuracy
· Assists in maintaining all equipment and supplies required in the provision of services in optimum operational status
· Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalency
· 1 year experience in an office environment preferred
· Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly
HCA Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
OU Medicine is the collaboration among OU Medical Center, The Children's Hospital, OU Medical Center Edmond, OU Physicians, OU...