Why Work at AnchorFree?
AnchorFree is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Silicon Valley that makes a significant impact on people’s lives around the globe by enabling free access to all information and content online and enabling millions of users to browse the web securely and privately. In regions that censor the web, AnchorFree’s product Hotspot Shield is one of the few ways that users can have full access to the Internet. Travelers, Expats, and security conscious consumers use AnchorFree to securely surf the web in more than 190 countries.
AnchorFree is constantly innovating and creating new technologies to help people secure their lives through our products. AnchorFree’s vision is to be a security platform that allows people to be secure and private while they go about their lives. Because we have such a small team, you'll be owning huge ideas from the start. Meanwhile, you'll join talented teammates to create something that protects people's online lives.
AnchorFree is looking for all-star Systems Administrator to become part of their talented team of engineers! Responsible for installing, maintaining and monitoring AnchorFree’s hardware and software for its operations. Candidate will help our team manage our production environment in our 9 data centers around the world with over 600 systems servicing our users. Candidate is expected to apply their base of technical, operational, process or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement, lead portions of projects or processes, and bring new knowledge into the organization. This position interfaces with the engineering, development and operations teams.
• The Systems Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the AnchorFree’s production data center services including servers, operating systems and storage.
• Prepare network gear for deployment in the data centers.
• Troubleshoot internal and external applications, hardware problems, operating system issues and work with new services on a daily basis.
• Formulating and implementing monitoring policies, procedures and standards relating to server and storage management.
• Ensure that all Sys Admin projects are documented, including design documents, ongoing status reports, and summary reports
• Negotiate peering relationships with content and ISP’s to help decrease latency and improve quality of service.
• Maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Test new technologies that can be implemented for more productive environment.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Conduct emergency maintenance.
• Perform regular security monitoring to prevent / identify any possible intrusions.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Experience working with Linux CentOS, Cacti, Nagios, Zabbix.
• Scripting and programming skills (Shell, Awk, Perl).
• Working knowledge of standard infrastructure tools. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, SVN etc).
• 5-7 years of Linux Administration experience with high availability systems.
• Demonstrated solid understanding of Linux internals, performance tuning and general systems trouble shooting skills.
• Experience developing system automation tools (using scripting language or config management tools).
• Exposure to database technologies (MySQL, Hadoop and others ).
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels.
• Ability to configure, customize, and support typical UNIX daemons, including NFS, BIND and Apache.
• Strong grasp of standard network services (including DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, HTTPS, and SSH).
• Comfortable in a colocation environment, with regards to power and cable management, cooling, and adherence to installation standards.
Preferable Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
• Experience with high availability systems and storage solutions / architectures.
• Experience working in a large (1000+ server) and complex hosting operations environment.
• Experience working with Juniper networking equipment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees enjoy free food and drinks. We offer commuter benefits (i.e. Cal Train and Light Rail) and break rooms with foosball, billiard table, XBOX, and massage chair. Also you can enjoy our gym facility here at our offices. Our offices are located close to public transportation in Mountain View, CA.
AnchorFree Inc - 19 months ago