Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) is one of the leading architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban-planning firms in the world, with a 75-year reputation for design excellence and a portfolio that includes some of the most important architectural accomplishments of the 20th and 21st centuries. Since its inception, SOM has been a leader in the research and development of specialized technologies, new processes and innovative ideas, many of which have had a palpable and lasting impact on the design profession and the physical environment. The firm’s longstanding leadership in design and building technology has been honored with more than 1,500 awards for quality, innovation, and management. The American Institute of Architects has recognized SOM twice with its highest honor, the Architecture Firm Award—in 1962 and again in 1996. The firm maintains offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Mumbai, and Abu Dhabi.
The Los Angeles office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP is looking for exceptionally talented designers with strong conceptual skills, capable of fulfilling lead design roles on projects.
- Performs and completes work on basic segments of a project, after initial and periodic interaction with supervisor.
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and construction documents, and solutions to general architectural problems.
- Exhibits understanding of design philosophies of projects and relates assigned tasks to those philosophies.
- Coordinates work with the project team.
- Organizes own work efforts.
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or graduate of four-year program
- Minimum of three years experience in preparation of conceptual, schematic and design development documents and materials
- General knowledge of architectural practice including site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering and construction costs
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques related engineering principles and building codes
- Ability to translate complex designs into clear, concise details and construction documents
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling such as Revit, Rhino, and 3D Studio Max, Rendering using mental ray or vRay, AutoCAD Architecture 2008, Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the LA - Architectural Professional requisition. Thanks!
Archinect.com - 5 months ago