Community Healthlink's Youth and Family Services established the Burncoat Family Center in October 1992 as a residential and day treatment program for children with serious emotional issues. The program is located in a residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts.
Since then the Burncoat Family Center has provided a safe, secure, short-term alternative to hospital treatment for children. Often, children who are hospitalized with serious emotional issues depart an institution with problems still unresolved. The program, which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, accommodates 15 resident-youngsters, and as many as 5 day treatment clients.
Assessments focus on youth and family strengths, and help the child and his/her family to recognize and mobilize their assets to solve the problems they face. Burncoat Family Center utilizes a systemic model that views youth in the context of the family and the broader relationships that influence their lives, including school and the religious community.
Flexible Substitute Worker RN to work in multiple programs including Burncoat Family Center, MYR, and Detox to:
- Administer and document medication passes accurately
- Provide basic health care and injury response to clients and staff
- Complete body checks and vitals on all clients
- Prepare documentation of clients medication changes
- Coordinate client care with Psychiatrist and Clinicians, including all medications, consents, appointments, and refills as needed
- Prepare medication for passes and discharge
- Maintain contact with clients' outpatient health care providers as assigned
- Complete medication count on each shift
- Maintain competencies: Human rights, infection control, CPR, first aid, restraint training, agency and divisional policy and procedures as well as other required competencies.
- Other related duties as assigned such as resident transportation, physical restraint, intakes, etc.
Experience with children and/or in the field of mental health/Psychiatry.
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...