Responsible for day-to-day operations of a team of pharmacy employees. The Operations Sr. Supervisor monitors productivity and performance standards, plans and directs work flow and project assignments. Oversees production volume to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff. Responsible for team¿s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with the Pharmacy Manager/Director to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the team. Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
1. Schedule and monitor staff and day to day workflow. Develop employee¿s skills; evaluate performance relative to quality, service and production standards; and provide feedback. Oversees resolution of employee relations issues. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
2. Monitor prescription turnaround time so that internal standards and client performance guarantees are met. Assist Pharmacy Manager/Director in monitoring costs to ensure compliance with cost to fill goals. Maintaining appropriate staffing levels relative to volume. Work in production as needed
3. Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided. Work with Pharmacy Manager/Director to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the pharmacy.
4. Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve.
5. Collaborate daily with cross-functional teams to meet operational needs. Attend cross-functional meetings, and participate on cross-functional projects.
6. Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
-High school diploma or an equivalent required--College degree preferred
-2-3 years of experience working in pharmacy setting preferred (ideally at ESI or another PBM)
-1-2 years experience in a leadership role preferred required (previous supervisor experience preferred)
-Knowledge of current pharmacy regulations preferred
-Experience in managing individual and team performance goals and objectives required
-Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to effectively lead, develop and train team members
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Demonstrated success working in a dynamic work environment and making independent decisions
-Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
-General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email
-Technical expertise of ESI¿s systems and platforms very helpful
-Willingness to work a flexible schedule based upon production needs
-Willingness to travel on a limited basis
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 15 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.