Summary of Position: TheField Technician is responsible for supporting PC based computers and related equipment for customers and for providing technical expertise, experience and documentation/project coordination as required to install or repair hardware/software and resolve technical problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualification / Requirements
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues on client PCs using approved methods and processes.
- Install hardware and software for clients.
- Complete necessary internal and client related documentation as required on a daily basis.
- Install/configure/repair network and local printers.
- Train clients on basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate and interact as required with end users and internal staff.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC desktop support.
- Intermediate knowledge of local and network printer support.
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Windows based servers.
- Customer service related experience.
- Basic knowledge of ticket based tracking system.
Education / Training / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid drivers license.
- Dependable transportation.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with Windows XP/7 OS, Microsoft 2000/XP, PC re-imaging.
- Minimum of three (3) year experience with PC and laptop hardware.
- Certification in A+
- Certification in Server + or Network+
- Certification in Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Certification in Dell Hardware
- Certification in HP Hardware
- Certification in IBM/Lenovo Hardware
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Buchanan Technologies - 2 years ago