Prestigious Trading Company, located in the Chicago Loop, is currently seeking a Linux Engineer to support their high-frequency, low-latency trading environment.
Expert in Linux including most of the following:
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or a derivative such as Centos
- Scripting with python and/or Perl and/or Shell
- Experience with other distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, and other variants of Unix such as Solaris, FreeBSD, etc.
- Package management and automated system installation and patch management
- Filesystem management including partitioning, LVM, hardware and software RAID
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP Networking including Ethernet, IP, ARP, IP, TCP, UPD, etc
- Network administration including configuring IP unicast and multicast operation, dhcp, DNS, and network Servers such as FTP, NFS, Samba and Apache
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL etc.
BS degree in engineering, computer science, or a technical field is preferred Red Hat Certified Engineer Experience in a trading firm highly preferred.
JobServe USA - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard