Summary: The System Support Analyst will be responsible for system and database administration and technical support for Windows & SUSE Linux operating systems and Oracle. The candidate must be self-motivated and require minimal supervision, must work closely with client support and provide technical support to end users and I/T personnel. Incumbent ensures high levels of system availability through effective management of the various Windows, Linux and Oracle environments.
Summary: The System Support Analyst will be responsible for system and database administration and technical support for Linux and HPUX servers. The candidate must be self-motivated and require minimal supervision, must work closely with client support and provide technical support to end users and I/T personnel. Incumbent ensures high levels of system availability through effective management of the various Linux and HPUX environments.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Primary responsibility for support of the Red Hat Linux and HPUX operating system component of Fiserv’s Acumen and Spectrum financial software solutions, including patch evaluation, management, security and distribution.
- Record and monitor assigned tasks through an Online Helpdesk Application.
- Develop and provide best practices to clients for areas in System Administration such as user administration, operating system patching, security, backup and recovery of the system and database.
- Assist clients and internal staff with the resolution of system related problems.
- Maintains standards, operating procedures, and priorities for computer services production software.
- Must have experience with tools and utilities for platform and understand the pros and cons of different designs with respect to storage, system performance and user flexibility.
- Identifies specific user needs and addresses them.
- Participates in evaluation of new technologies.
- Coordinates with outside consultants regarding networking and system support issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments impacting Information Services and our industry.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor, including training and software/hardware review.
--BS or MS in computer science, management information systems or equivalent business experience
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- A minimum of five years of HPUX and/or Red Hat Linux Administration
- The ability to interact with non-technical clients both in person and over the telephone.
- Experience in a Technical support area desired
- Knowledge of financial industry desired.
- Knowledge of High Availability Architecture and Concepts
- Experience with shell scripting and task automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Competence in Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and LDAP, glassfish, Java.
- VMware experience desirable
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for these qualifications.
Fiserv - 16 months ago
It's 10:30, America. Do you know where your money is? Fiserv does. The company provides financial services technology to banks,...