Mestel & Company is seeking a Legal Recruiter focusing on Partner/Group Placement and Law Firm M&A, to join our
Los Angeles, California
Mestel & Company is the only 100% employee-owned company in the legal placement industry through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), providing equity participation to our legal recruiters.
Since 1987, Mestel & Company has been recognized as the preeminent national attorney placement firm in the United States with offices in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC.
We focus exclusively on legal placement, specializing in lateral associates, partners and groups as well as facilitating complex law firm mergers.
We are unique in offering a collegial, strong team-oriented environment with professional, highly sophisticated training and continued support. Our recruiter training program is unparalleled in terms of one-on-one support, enabling each new recruiter to reach his/her own potential and expectations.
Our database, which has been developed over 25+ years, is shared among every recruiter and updated hourly by our professional staff.
We are committed to each recruiter and their long-term success.
We are currently seeking an individual with leading law firm practice experience and/or legal recruitment experience to join our Los Angeles, CA office as a Legal Recruiter specializing in Partner / Group Placement and Law Firm M&A.
- Work with and place partners and/or groups into law firms and in-house legal departments
- Facilitate complex law firm mergers
- Leverage existing relationships with attorneys and in-house counsel to identify, recruit and place the top Legal Talent
- Build new relationships through networking and cold calling to develop a robust pipeline of legal talent to meet the needs of our clients
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with partner candidates to fully understand their skill sets, needs and motivations
- Develop an intimate understanding of our clients’ cultures, economics and strategic plans for growth in order to more effectively match the right candidate with the right opportunity
- J.D. degree
- Significant experience (8+ years) at a top tier law firm and/or recruiting firm
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- An innate understanding of the value of teamwork
lawjobs.com - 20 months ago