The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing payroll, reconciling payroll to the general ledger, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting, and preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements as outlined in the job responsibilities below.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Processes and performs all payroll duties for Regular and Executive payrolls including balancing and controlling earnings, voluntary deductions such as United Way and Foundation.
- Processes involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments. Prepares payroll, vouchers, journal entries and all tax payments.
- Maintains and reconciles payroll deductions for applicable benefits while ensuring benefit accruals are compiled correctly.
- Processes, maintains and creates necessary payroll reports for each reporting period as appropriate.
- Prepares, distributes, and submits all quarterly reports and W-2’s
- Prepares and files all government reports, assuring the forms are correctly computed and mailed/uploaded to meet required deadlines.
- Administers pension benefits, 403(b) contributions and 457 retirement programs, including discrimination testing.
- Develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives including relationships with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies.
- Tests, maintains, inspects automated system outputs, and updates all payroll software.
- Assists Human Resources with benefit reconciliations
- Assists in the preparation of payroll budgets.
- Assists with establishing and implementing payroll policies.
- Accumulates statistical and financial data for inclusion in various surveys and health-care informational databases
- Responds to inquiries and requests from other departments in a courteous and professional manner while maintaining the confidentiality of accounting/payroll data as appropriate.
- Resolves problems within level of expertise and experience and/or reports them to the Director when appropriate.
- Demonstrates the versatility to adapt to changing demands of new tasks or procedures and willingly helps to train or to provide assistance to other employees.
- Maintains a good work record by consistently reporting to work as scheduled and by being flexible in working additional hours when the workload requires. Completes special projects as assigned in a responsible and timely manner.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, workshops, and in-service meetings.
- Maintains established administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service philosophy of CHN to ensure the delivery of compassionate, quality services.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ensures all customers (internal & external) are treated with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrates support of customer service philosophy by serving as a role model and holding others accountable for similar behaviors.
- Supports community relations by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when working with patients, families, visitors, and other CHN employees as evidenced by expressed satisfaction of others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required. Two years of payroll experience required
- Two years or more of payroll experience required; Meditech experience a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
Community Health Network of Wisconsin - 2 years ago