Job Title: Instructional Designer/Trainer
Reports To: Senior Manager, Training
FLSA Status: Exempt
Liberty Power is seeking an Instructional Designer/Trainer who will leverage their passion for both technology and innovative communication techniques to help Liberty Power ensure that quality documentation and training is provided.
The Instructional Designer/Trainer will design and develop instructional material for training courses that supports Liberty Power’s strategic initiatives and ensure adherence to Liberty Power’s best practices in the sales and marketing of the organizations electricity products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Independently develop, d esign and deliver entry and advanced level courses on company products, business practices, and other topics as needed for Liberty Power internal employees and external channel partners via remote or classroom .
- Design and develop effective training materials catered to eLearning and on-line video.
- Utilize pre-established business guidelines to develop training and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Travel when necessary to support onsite training for external sales channels.
- Collect, document and maintain pertinent training metrics.
- Maintain excellent internal and external client relationships.
- Instructional design experience in Sales with B2B and B2C sales channels preferred.
- Design presentations utilizing creative methods and tools to meet training content development and deployment requirements.
- E-Web based learning program experience.
- Ability to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate key messaging needed for effective training.
- Exceptional customer relationship building skills.
- Excellent project management skills to enable on-time delivery of quality results.
- Work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to multi-task, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability to influence sales force compliance behavior and deliver strong business results.
- Flexibility required with experience in dynamic, fast moving company preferred.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%).
- Undergraduate degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of three years of instructional design and/or technical writing experience- must have samples of work.
- Minimum of three years Training in a remote or classroom environment.
- Web-based course development experience.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advance level proficiency with Microsoft Office 2007.
- E-Web based course development experience.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their manager.
Liberty Power believes in the power of freedom of choice. The independent electricity provider serves residential users, businesses, and...