Field Services Technician - Basking Ridge, NJ
Technical Support Services
USA-NJ: NEW JERSEY-BASKING RIDGE
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 19, 2013, 11:44:41 AM
Essential Job Functions
- Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing systems and equipment. Verifies and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Resolves customer issues in the areas of hardware installation, repair, upgrade and maintenance. Assists in investigating and resolving complex installations and maintenance matters of significance.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
- Ensures issues are referred to the appropriate personnel/service areas for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Acts as a liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Performs analysis and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Seven or more years of field support experience
- Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
- Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
- On-site in Basking Ridge, NJ
- 3 + years experience in programming and analysis in end user computer and PC/Workstation based LAN applications
- Good interpersonal skills to work with customers and other unit personnel
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve hardware and equipment problems
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 16 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...