The Staff Designer supports Bard Medical Division from the Covington, GA office.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
Design and develop innovative and/or low cost products/systems for BMD product lines. The Staff Designer provides desgin engineering and creates new design inputs by interfacing with customers, clinicians and BMD marketing for sustaining engineering and new product development for the medical device market.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assist in the definition of unmet or partially met needs from the marketplace (i.e. hospitals and clinicians)
· Gather and drive design feedback from the marketplace (i.e. hospitals and clinicians)
· Gather information on competitive products and apply analytical tools to deconstruct competitive strengths and weaknesses of said competition. Apply this knowledge to improve design of BMD products.
· Interface with marketing professionals to understand new product needs and desired attributes
· Brainstorm solutions based on design inputs and observations of unmet needs as well as competitive strengths and weaknesses
· Provide design support (not limited to design generation on CAD, concept generation, modeling, model building, prototype development) to project team and project team leaders.
· Assist project team to develop new products
· Gather and organize project information.
· Discover design innovations that improve current products.
· Support project team by creating 3D models, animations, and detailed drawings using SolidWorks.
· Design for injection molding and extrusion process. Coordinate the fabrication, testing and validation of molds, dies, and other tooling to support design work.
· Present ideas using Microsoft Project.
· Coordinate with outside vendors (i.e., prototypers, molders, toolmakers, machine shops).
· Comply with the design control process.
· Write specifications and test protocols.
· Implement products into manufacturing.
• Proven track record demonstrating the development and commercialization of innovative devices.
• Previous experience as a Sr. Design Engineer.
• Ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to organize the priority of work requirements and effectively work with team members to assign, communicate, and meet realistic completion dates.
• Ability to interface on a medical-technical level with clinicians in hospitals and healthcare settings.
• Ability to comprehend medical conditions, pathologies, anatomy and physiology, and able to communicate lucidly on these topics.
• Detail-oriented and able to organize large amounts of work and data. This includes the need for good documentation practices.
• Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, telephone manner, time management, professionalism, coaching, influencing, and team building.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, and SolidWorks.
• Strong listening and assessment skills.
• Strong questioning, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in a technical field such as Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other engineering field.
- Must have ten years of experience working with a computer-aided design system.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SDRC and ProEngineer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee will sometimes be required to move around in manufacturing facility or meet with medical professionals in hospital environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
C. R. Bard - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...