From July 1, 2011 through June 29, 2013, a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect for most state positions. The salary listed above includes this reduction. For specific information on this reduction, click here.
The Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) Information Technology Division is accepting applications for a Technology Business Management Analyst (ITS5).
Technical Business Management is a discipline for managing the business of Information Technology (IT) through an integrated view of technology cost, performance, and supply and demand so that business principles drive and maximize every dollar invested. The state of Washington has implemented a commercial Technology Business Management application toolset to facilitate the management of service costs, service performance metrics, and agency reporting.
This position serves as the agency’s highest level authority for the Technology Business Management Program and is the senior technical expert for the technical application toolset for the WSLCB.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, implement, manage Technology Business Management program processes, policies and procedures aligning with the statewide Technology Business Management directive and program
- Create and analyze the IT budget and budget forecasting, allocation, expenditures, contracts, etc.
- Monitor the process, using qualitative and quantitative Key Performance Indicators.
- Educate staff in the correct use of the Technical Business Management program, processes, policies, procedures and application toolset.
- Conduct regularly scheduled reviews and audits of the process and negotiate and agree upon amendments as needed.
- Assist in developing decision packages, analyzing fiscal notes, performing and participating in impact assessments and investment cases for the IT division and other support and business units within the agency.
- Serve as agency’s expert on the Technology Business Management application toolset (Apptio). Attend and maintain current training for application toolset currently provided through the Office of the CIO.
- Document and publish IT budget for current and upcoming fiscal year using known business requirements, limitations on capital, operational, external expenditure, and variance limits between actual and forecasted spend.
- Identify all costs associated with providing a service and ensure costs are categorized for proper identification and management.
- Review financial performance against the agreed budget.
- Perform chargeback or notational chargeback analysis of costs to provide IT Services based on usage for each customer, business unit, and service type.
- Use Service or Activity based costing calculations to perform fiscal note analysis, impact assessments, improvement ideas, projects and initiatives, decision packages.
- Develop and maintain WSLCB IT reports and dashboards in support of executive-level and management decision making. Analyze and validate reports and dashboards.
- Establish and maintain processes and linkages between agency and statewide reporting through established change management processes.
- Publish and present analytic data and reports to management, including executive management.
Four years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment; directing projects; providing customer or technical support in information technology; or administering or supervising staff who performed work in any of these information technology disciplines.
Expert level skills and experience in formulaic knowledge such as Microsoft Excel: if statements, vslookup, hlookup, pivot tables, macros.
Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets and data.
Four years of education and/or experience in the following:
- Developing, negotiating, and managing budgets.
- Developing reports used to brief executive management.
- Conducting research and data analysis for the purpose of service delivery improvements and increased efficiencies.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundations Certification: Possess or obtain current version within 12 months of employment. Maintain current certification.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 IT Financial Practitioner Certification: Possess or obtain current version within 12 months of employment. Maintain current certification.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification: Possess or obtain within 12 months of employment. Maintain current certification.
- Apptio: Expert knowledge, understanding and ability to use Apptio as a Technology Business Management tool.
- Technology Business Management: Expert knowledge, understanding and ability to apply the concepts, direction and compliance expectations of the State’s Technology Business Management strategy as defined by the State OCIO.
- Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS): Expert knowledge, understanding and ability to use.
- Enterprise Reporting (Report Scheduling and Viewing System): Expert knowledge, understanding and ability to use.
- SharePoint 2010: Knowledge, understanding and ability to use for collaboration, workflow and content management.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position, the following must be included:
- A completed on-line application ( www.careers.wa.gov );
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure to answer all supplemental questions. This announcement will be opened until filled. Initial screening of applications will occur on February 20, 2013. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
- A cover letter explaining how your experience, skills and abilities are aligned with the sought after qualifications (document may be attached during the on-line application process).
As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the state of Washington and the Washington Public Employees Association. This means that, as a condition of employment the candidate must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
Prior to any new appointment into the WSLCB, a background check, including criminal record history will be conducted.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or who need this announcement in an alternative format may call WSLCB Human Resources at (360) 664-1643. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service 7-1-1 .
- Contact the WSLCB Human Resources Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-664-1643.
- For assistance on how to operate within the State's Online Recruiting System, please contact the Department of Enterprise Services help desk at 1-877-664-1960. For information and inquiries about this position, email email@example.com.
State of Washington - 10 months ago
Whether it's helping a vulnerable child, making highways safer or restoring salmon habitat, the work that we do matters to the people of...