Food Operations Supervisor
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Food Operations Supervisor to join our flight kitchen operations team located at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. Reporting to the Operations Manager of the Unit, the Food Operations Supervisor will be responsible for supervising employees to ensure food specs, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed. The Food Operations Supervisor will also be responsible for all labor and food cost controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality production standards are maintained for all accounts.
- Maintains Company policies and procedures as well as specification books for airline customers.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food costs.
- Monitors daily manpower planning.
- Controls food costs and other controllable costs.
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit.
- Assists in the development and training of subordinates.
- Prepares administrative reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer specifications.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree in the Culinary Arts or a related field highly preferred.
- A minimum of one to three years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production and restaurant or catering environment.
- In-flight catering experience or experience in a high volume food service environment required, preferably in a union environment.
- A minimum of one to two years managerial experience in a large kitchen preferred.
- Must possess a strong organizational, analytical and leadership skills.
- Must be innovative in making changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Must be proficient with basic computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all types of employees and management.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- ServSafe Certified preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain ServSafe Certification.
Environmental Requirements :
- This position has travel requirements of up to 10% of the time.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 10 hours or more.
- In a normal production kitchen facility, there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move products, equipments, supplies, etc. in excess of twenty five pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - information search and analysis; problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...