1. Registered nurse with valid Iowa licensure
2. Current CPR certification
1. Successful experience as a school nurse at the secondary level
2. Successful experience in collaborating as a team member to improve student health and academic achievement
Building principal and Executive Director of Special Programs
Provide direct health services to individual students, parents/guardians and staff. Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the school health services program.
1. Participates in developing and implementing school health policies and procedures.
2. Maintains accurate and complete health records.
3. Manages time and resources in the provision of school health services.
4. Plans and implements appropriate health screenings as indicated by board policy.
5. Monitors specific health conditions, which can have an impact on learning, and develops an Individual Health Plan to assist all school staff in meeting student's health needs.
6. Instructs staff on plan of care and health needs of students.
7. Monitors for outbreaks of infectious and or communicable diseases. Works with appropriate public health agencies as necessary.
8. Participates in developing and maintaining a safe and healthful environment.
9. Provides emergency care when needed.
10. Makes home visits when needed.
11. Provides wellness information and or programs for school personnel.
12. Collects health data and submits health histories for the area education association staffings. Participates in staffings as deemed necessary.
13. Administers and records the administration of medication.
14. Participates in crisis intervention for students, families and school personnel.
15. Consults with administration, parent/guardian and school personnel to keep the school informed about pertinent health problems and needs of students.
16. Initiates the health referral processes and serves as a liaison among school, home and community.
17. Acts as a resource to the faculty in the planning and implementation of the health curriculum.
18. Provides health education to individual students, groups of students, families and school personnel.
19. Provides immunization and other health information to parents at kindergarten registration.
20. Plans for teaching of CPR to students and staff as necessary.
21. Provides food and clothing to families in need in cooperation with local agencies, groups and individuals.
22. Delegates, trains and supervises the administration of health services by non-licensed personnel as appropriate.
23. Assists building principal to provide necessary educational materials for health mandated employee requirements.
24. Works in collaboration with student's physician to provide medical services for students in school environment.
25. Performs other duties assigned by the Superintendent as needed.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.