Senior Photonics Researcher
In this position, you will be responsible for design, analysis, and testing of hybrid IIIV-silicon based photonic devices. You will own design of experiments and collaborate with fabrication engineers across different geographical locations to fabricate these devices in a CMOS compatible manufacturing process.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- An ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team.
- A strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging professional environment.
- Self-motivation, creative thought and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An ability to drive individual projects to success.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to present data clearly and concisely in a variety of internal and external forums.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job experiences.
- Must have a MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Optical Science or related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design, simulation, and characterization of photonics devices for optical communications
- Minimum 5 years of experience with silicon photonics and its applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience with optical communications, fiber optics, integrated optics, WDM technology, semiconductor physics as related to photonics devices; such as diode lasers, photo detectors, and electro-optic modulators
- Minimum 5 years of experience with design and characterization of both guided-wave optical devices such as silicon photonics chips and free space optical devices such as micro optics for chip to fiber coupling
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automation of data acquisition and analysis
- Minimum 2 years of experience with laser physics, CMOS/IIIV fabrication techniques, hybrid III-V/Si device integration technology and lab level testing
- 5+ years of experience in the above skill sets
USA-California, Santa Clara
Apr 1, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 13 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...