As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The successful developer will join a development team building web applications and web services that integrate heavily with RDBMS and other web services. Responsibilities also include software deployment, versioning, and troubleshooting of bugs on existing applications. There is an opportunity to work with a wide variety of contemporary technologies to solve an array of technical challenges. The developer will be required to support quick-turnaround efforts and work well in a fast-paced development environment. Developer will participate in all phases of the project lifecycles, including requirements gathering, software design, implementation, and user training. Developer should also have extensive experience translating customer and system requirements into web services or application
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
1) Demonstrated experience with full life-cycle software development
2) Experience with Java, J2EE design and development using Spring Framework or Grails
3) Strong knowledge writing database queries and procedures with SQL or PL/SQL
4) Experience integrating Databases with Hibernate ORM or GORM
5) Experience creating web services with SOAP or REST interfaces
6) Experience building and deploying applications with Apache Maven, Subversion and Ant
7) Understanding of RESTful principles for web service interfaces
8) Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot code problems and resolve in a timely manner
9) Candidate must be able to effectively convey information and work well in a structured environment with other team members.
Configuration of the Apache Tomcat web application server
Experience with GWT EXT (GXT)
Knowledge of Ozone Widget Framework
Knowledge of Agile development methodology
Deploying code to dev, test and production environments
Knowledge of Office of Security business processes
General Dynamics - IT - 15 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons s...