The Data Analyst in Joslin’s Professional Education department
is responsible for the management and coordination of data and analytics and generation of all reports as well as the interpretation of statistical analyses to support the Professional Education Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities and projects, including Educational Impact Assessments and other Outcomes Reports.
The Data Analyst builds and maintains the integrity of analytic information while working closely with the Professional Education management, outside consultants and education partners while overseeing the flow of data and managing reporting requirements to accrediting bodies and internal and external supporters. The Data Analyst ensures that all projects proceed according to plan and develops systems assuring that the flow of data is tracked in an accurate and timely fashion. This individual is also responsible for checking the accuracy and reliability of the data.
Please note – although this position requires some technical skills, it is not an IT position.
- Collect, organize and evaluate data for all Professional Education activities and projects. This includes, but not limited to: Export participant data, such as demographics, evaluations, test scores and patient outcomes, from databases of educational partners;Work with partners to ensure reliable retrieval of data; Evaluate quality of data;Organize efficient storage of data for retrieval by Project Managers and other members of the Professional Education Department.
- Generate, format and distribute all scheduled reports for Project Managers, the Outcomes Group and other members of the department, including but not limited to: Development of standardized templates for all reports;Supervise report creation by Registration Coordinator;Audit reports and distribute reports to Project Managers and/or Directors.
- Analyze and examine the statistical Educational Impact Assessment data and other outcome data in order to measure the impact of the educational intervention. This includes, but not limited to: Collaborate in creation of post-activity evaluation and outcomes forms;Create distribution list for mailing of post-survey evaluation forms and manage mailing and return process;Collect and evaluate quality of data;Work with Associate Director, Education Design and Outcomes to create summary reports.
- Assist Project Managers and other members of Professional Education in accessing and managing databases. This includes, but not limited to: Create direct mail/email lists for activity promotion and recruitment;Create email lists for email broadcasts;Create electronic surveys using Zoomerang;Work with Production to manage unsubscribe and do-not-contact lists for broadcast emails.
- Manage CME database and CME Admin application.Create and distribute quarterly summaries on CME activities and projects. This includes, but not limited to: When requested by Project Managers, create activity in database, and assign activity ID, type, faculty and dates;Conduct data quality audits on data entry, database record and duplicate file mergers as necessary; Manage database updates and improvements; Collaborate with IT department and external consultants on updates and maintenance.
- Create and distribute quarterly summaries on CME activities and projects.
- Create, update, generate and distribute any adhoc database reports (ie: Crystal, Excel, database).
- Participate as a strategic team member within the Outcomes committee in terms of design and output for data needs and evaluation systems to identify and measure the effectiveness of diabetes education to promote quality focused behavior change and improved practice performance
- Assume other duties as may be assigned by the Associate Director, Education Design and Outcomes Services and/or other Professional Education Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MS in health sciences or medical education or education related field preferred.
- Two + years in an analyst position required, in the health care or medical education environment strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server and writing of SQL query scripts.
- Experience with developing and reporting statistical project plans, specifications, schedules, and technical parameters to management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Understanding of medical education (CME) processes and outcomes methods preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels with Professional Education.
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Must be deadline oriented.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Joslin Diabetes Center - 21 months ago