Description: Project Manager
Job Summary: The Project Manager acts as the project team leader responsible for the overall management of assigned projects from contract signature through product delivery and customer acceptance.
Must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills in managing assigned projects.
• Ability to manage multiple large projects and work within stringent deadlines to complete assignments within a restricted time period
• Development of project proposals, planning, decision making and project fiscal management
• Organizes the preparation of requests for proposals and evaluates and recommends the selection of venders to secure necessary equipment
• Exercise supervision over professional, technical and administrative personnel
• Duties include equipment procurement, directing and coordinating the installation of enterprise business products and services
• Manages all phases of project development to ensure user satisfaction, project continuity and internal consistency
• Supervises and coordinates professional, technical, and non-technical staff by establishing performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities, providing direction and feedback
• Must ensure assigned projects and tasks are completed accurately and by the specified due date
• Develop project schedules and processes to ensure user satisfaction, project continuity and the timely delivery of services
• Ensures compliance with Federal Communications Commission requirements for licensing, operating and technical performance
• Facilitates user meetings with end users, contractors and RCN operations personnel to maintain effective and productive working relationships
• Evaluates overall and individual work performance to determine effectiveness in providing quality products within time and cost restraints
• Monitors time and dollar expenditures to ensure projects and budgets meet established targets
• Oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques and answer questions in a clear and logical manner
• College preferred. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) at a minimum
• Project management certification a plus
• 5+ years in project or product management
• Telecom background a must
• Solid time-management skills
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge and experience with Excel, MS Outlook, and Word.
• Ability to read interpret network design maps, CAD designs and Engineering Design Packages.
• Previous management experience a plus
• Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and a satisfactory driving record
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
RCN - 12 months ago
You could say RCN is at home in the big city. The company operates cable-based broadband networks that serve the Boston, Chicago, and New...