East Chicago Lighthouse Charter School is seeking a nurse for the upcoming school year.
Lighthouse Academy (LHA) nurses are more than staff members. They help transform children’s lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future. We are seeking a nurse who will make the commitment to conduct their work with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
•Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA mission, vision, core values
•A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA K-12 model in a high need, urban environment
•Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
•Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others
•Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
•Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a collaborative culture with LHA network, community, staff, families and students
• Complete health evaluations of students as required by policy, the local Department of Public Health (DPH), IDEA or Section 504.
• Consult with students, parents, administrators and other staff as needed to explain health assessments or other medical information.
• Develop and implements health care plans required by policy or state and federal regulations.
• Administer medications in accordance with DPH guidelines.
• Render first aid as needed.
• Render basic medical help as needed.
• Communicate with parents and families regarding child’s illness. Supervise sick children.
• Communicate with Principal and school community regarding any infectious or contagious diseases present in the school.
• Assist students, families, and staff in locating and accessing appropriate health services.
Examples of Work:
• Serves on the School Wellness and Staff Wellness Committees.
• Maintain health records and files.
• Supervise volunteers and others who may be involved in the delivery of services.
• Complete health assessments as required.
• Work cooperatively with other health professionals and agencies in the delivery of services.
• Complete follow up on accident reports with students and parents.
• Provide in-service training to the staff.
• Advise supervisor on medical or health related issues on an as needed basis.
• Complete plans, reports, and other documentation, as may be required by policy or regulation.
Education: Bachelors degree in nursing or enrollment in a course of study leading to a B.S.N., and course work in Education or teaching experience. Current license and certification as required by state regulations or other law.
Experience: At least two (2) years experience working in a school or health service delivery environment with children.
Knowledge, Ability & Skills:
A valid driver's license; current CPR/First Aid certification as a trainer; oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills. Knowledge of appropriate policies, regulations, and statutes. Computer skills including email, word processing, health reporting.
Lighthouse Academies is committed to improving the educational opportunities for children. If you would like us to assist you in creating...