East Chicago Lighthouse Charter School is seeking a nurse for the upcoming school year.
Lighthouse Academy (LHA) nurses are more than staff members. They help transform children’s lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future. We are seeking a nurse who will make the commitment to conduct their work with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
•Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA mission, vision, core values
•A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA K-12 model in a high need, urban environment
•Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
•Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others
•Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
•Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a collaborative culture with LHA network, community, staff, families and students
• Complete health evaluations of students as required by policy, the local Department of Public Health (DPH), IDEA or Section 504.
• Consult with students, parents, administrators and other staff as needed to explain health assessments or other medical information.
• Develop and implements health care plans required by policy or state and federal regulations.
• Administer medications in accordance with DPH guidelines.
• Render first aid as needed.
• Render basic medical help as needed.
• Communicate with parents and families regarding child’s illness. Supervise sick children.
• Communicate with Principal and school community regarding any infectious or contagious diseases present in the school.
• Assist students, families, and staff in locating and accessing appropriate health services.
Examples of Work:
• Serves on the School Wellness and Staff Wellness Committees.
• Maintain health records and files.
• Supervise volunteers and others who may be involved in the delivery of services.
• Complete health assessments as required.
• Work cooperatively with other health professionals and agencies in the delivery of services.
• Complete follow up on accident reports with students and parents.
• Provide in-service training to the staff.
• Advise supervisor on medical or health related issues on an as needed basis.
• Complete plans, reports, and other documentation, as may be required by policy or regulation.
Education: Bachelors degree in nursing or enrollment in a course of study leading to a B.S.N., and course work in Education or teaching experience. Current license and certification as required by state regulations or other law.
Experience: At least two (2) years experience working in a school or health service delivery environment with children.
Knowledge, Ability & Skills:
A valid driver's license; current CPR/First Aid certification as a trainer; oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills. Knowledge of appropriate policies, regulations, and statutes. Computer skills including email, word processing, health reporting.
Lighthouse Academies - 9 months ago
Lighthouse Academies is committed to improving the educational opportunities for children. If you would like us to assist you in creating...