The Health Services Administrator (HSA) serves as chief on-site Administrator, responsible for the delivery of comprehensive contract services, including personnel selection / retention, budgeting and coordinating care with internal and external resources. Represents Corizon within the institution.
FACILITY INFO: The Cummins Unit, established in 1904, is an 1800 bed, all male maximum security facility, with current ACA accreditation. There are 31.2 FTEs in medical. The site has a 4-bed infirmary and is located 35 miles from Pine Bluff, AR.
- Manages the healthcare delivery system and coordinates with the other functions within the institution.
- Manages the budget and financial performance of the site.
- Develops and/or supervises the facility operational plan.
- Directs the activities of the assigned staff.
- Interfaces with Corizon Human Resources for the hiring and terminating of all site staff.
- Manages labor ensuring the site is staffed according to contractual commitments and supervises scheduling of all staff and Independent Contractors according to the Staffing Control Document (SCD).
- Coordinates or participates in the interviewing and selection of Independent Contractors.
- Submits timely and accurate reports to supervisor and/or corporate office including, but not limited to:
- Budget variances;
- Progress on the operational plan;
- Pertinent exceptional issues raised to the Medical Audit Committee;
- Pertinent issues affecting the contract; and
- Activities of all health service departments
- Ensures orientation of new Corizon personnel by conducting or coordinating all initial new hire and annual orientation and training activities.
- Ensures site utilization and compliance with all Corizon and applicable client systems and applications.
- Coordinates the Medical Audit Committee and facilitates the monthly meetings.
- Ensures compliance with ACA and/or NCCHC standards and Corizon clinical services and administrative policies and procedures.
- When appropriate, negotiates third party contracts for the institution.
- Assists with emergency care and responses (as qualified and when necessary).
- Meets regularly with the client (i.e. Warden, Supervisor, Contract Manager) to communicate about contract compliance, services provided, issues and client satisfaction.
- Adheres to and enforces all safety and security policies and procedures and participates in and ensures compliance with applicable safety/emergency drills.
- Follows and enforces all security regulations, including but not limited to keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings at the site.
- RN, BSN or Bachelors degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of healthcare management experience, corrections setting preferred.
- Experience in personnel selection, training, scheduling, progressive discipline and termination.
- Excellent knowledge in the development and management of correctional health care delivery systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and the management team.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
- Possess the capacity to work in a high stress, high paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Computer experience in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program.
Corizon, Inc. - 2 years ago
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...