Domestic and International Opportunities: As America’s favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory is always looking for talented, passion-driven managers to add to our team. We are opening restaurants domestically and internationally, so if you are open to relocation please be sure to indicate for which regions you would like to be considered.
Position Overview: The Kitchen Manager (KM) is responsible for all kitchen operations on an opening, mid- or closing shift, including supervision of all kitchen staff and staffing levels, safety and sanitation, housekeeping, and made from scratch food production related activities. The KM ensures that the shift is run in a smooth manner with a focus on “Quality” while attending to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise. The Manager is assigned a work group, Line Cooks, Pep Cooks or Dishwashers. The Manager is responsible for staffing, scheduling, financial goals and staff development of the assigned work group.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
People: The KM oversees kitchen operations during a shift and is responsible for about 20-25 staff (line/prep/dish) within the kitchen. Our KMs build the quality and morale of our kitchen staff by selecting, scheduling, training, developing, mentoring, managing and leading a workgroup according to our First Commitment: People, Our Greatest Resource
Quality Profits: The KM has contributory financial responsibility for food costs, labor costs and kitchen supplies for the kitchen. Our KMs set operational goals and plans to achieve or exceed written budgets, then direct staff and utilizes kitchen systems, schedules, tools and procedures to attain those goals
Operational Excellence: The KM maintains food quality and safety standards, overseeing all phases of food procurement, production and service, including, inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, and service and production time standards. Our KMs achieve these standards through daily line checks and food reviews, response to guest feedback/scores, ongoing maintenance/housekeeping, and staff training/supervision.
Benefits: This position offers industry-leading benefits and an average 55 hour work week with 2 days off consecutively
- Must have 2 years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Culinary school background a plus
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts plus ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs as needed
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc
- Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation
For additional information about our company, please visit http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com .
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
The Cheesecake Factory - 2 years ago
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory mark in...