The UWHC Central Services Equipment Reprocessor is an entry level position responsible for learning and performing effective and efficient cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and functions check of patient care equipment. Working under the guidance of supervisors, senior workers and more experienced staff, the CSER will gain the knowledge and skills to work independently in all job functions. This position performs under direct supervision.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Excellent communication, customer service, human relations and interpersonal skills
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Detail oriented
5. Self motivated
6. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
7. Basic mechanical ability
8. Ability to follow instructions
9. Basic mathematical skills
10. Basic judgment and logic skills
11. Ability to follow safety principles
12. Knowledge of the calendar
13. Ability to differentiate colors
14. Ability to stand for extended periods
15. Ability stoop, bend, and lift
16. Physical Requirements: Heavy - Ability to lift up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade D. The salary range begins at $12.31 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday, 2:00pm to 10:30pm. Weekend rotation required.
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Krystle Gunter for more information at KGunter@uwhealth.org or at 608-263-6932.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
How to Apply
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 19 months ago