Sr. Oracle Database Administrator with EBS experience (Job Number: 010507) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for logical and physical database design. Responsible for mapping logical data models to physical database table designs. Responsible for designing, implementing and managing large mission critical databases to meet established service levels.
- Produces and documents conceptual, logical, and physical database design.
- Establishes and documents management maintenance procedures.
- Works with both technical and business stakeholders to understand the database needs for projects. Attend requirement sessions when necessary, communicating any concerns to project leadership.
- Assists development teams and data architects in query design and query performance tuning.
- Makes recommendations and assess proposals for database and database query optimization.
- Reviews and assesses proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
- Reviews project database to ensure that they are built in-line with the stated design.
- Translates technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff.
- Manages assigned databases to established service levels and ensure they comply with documented standards and policies.
- Available on call 24/7 as required by pager rotation schedule.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of experience in IT.
- At least 5 years in either database administration or database design.
- At least 2 years’ experience with data modeling.
- At least 5 years’ experience collaborating with (internal and external resources) to perform proactive capacity planning or define solutions to meet SLA targets.
- At least 5 years of experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure.
- Advanced level skill with database management tools, methodologies, and technologies, managing complex database environments for transactional or business analytics functions. Expertise to be demonstrated through articulate ability to design and explain the benefits and limitations of different architecture and procedural solutions for such requirements as disaster recovery, high availability, clustering, virtualization, backup and replication techniques to achieve RPO (recovery point objective) and RTO (recovery time objective).
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and experience working in ITIL based service organization.