Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Physical Assistant (PA). The incumbent must be a motivated individual capable of providing 24-hr medical coverage on a 2 week rotating basis. The PA provides a broad range of medical services to include comprehensive examinations & evaluations, ordering & interpretation of diagnostic studies, therapeutics, counseling and referrals, health promotion, disease prevention, and administration of surveillance programs. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and possess a strong knowledge of occupational & emergency medicine. The PA will play a leading role with the Emergency Medical Team and work closely with Loss Control.
Red Dog Mine, located in NW Alaska, is a modern, technically challenging open pit mine, mill and port facility. It is a remote, but modern and well-equipped fly-in fly-out operation that provides free room and board for employees, and regular transportation between Anchorage, Alaska and/or villages in the NANA region. Rotation schedule will two weeks on-site and two weeks off-site.
- Provides medical treatment for Red Dog Operation employees, contractors, and visitors and arranges for the ill or seriously injured employees.
- Advises employee concerning health and safety concerns.
- Administers the occupational medicine surveillance program such as the drug and alcohol testing, employment physicals, lead, cadmium, respiratory and hearing.
- Offers the proper lab tests, obtains the labs, interprets the result and maintains records in an appropriate fashion.
- Assists and provide direction to the Port Medics regarding health issues.
- Organizes and maintains a Medical Emergency Response Team in order to provide trained emergency responders at the Mine and Port facilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a medical examination and drug/alcohol tests.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program;
- Current Alaska PA License & NCCPA certification
Further information on Red Dog Mine is avalable at
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
US-AK-Red Dog Mine
Teck - Red Dog Mine
NANA Development Corporation - 16 months ago
Teck Resources Limited known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a Canadian metals and mining company. Canada's largest diversified...