As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of best practices got customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
- Independently conduct enterprise engagements with customers
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including customer-facing experience with Federal customers
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware products: vSphere 4 and SRM (Site Recovery Manager) and/or View
- VCP 4 a strong plus
- Experience with current software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web severs, etc.)
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- * Active TS/SCI security clearance with full scope poly required
VMware offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law
Mozy - 19 months ago
Mozy is the leader in online data backup for consumers and businesses. With more than 750,000 users and 20,000 business customers, Mozy...