Job Title: Linux Administrator
Duration: 12 Months
Work Location: Niles, IL
Relevant Experience: (in Yrs) 7+ Yrs
Technical/Functional Skills: Linux Administration, Network skills with UNIX administration knowledge, Retail domain experience
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of HP hardware and NetApp SAN storage/fabric architecture.
- Experience with VMware virtualization products including but not limited to ESX, vSphere, and vMotion.
- Experience in Systems Administration of SuSE Linux systems in a large scale production environment.
- Familiarity in Cisco, Oracle databases, SAP, IBM Power system.
- Experience on SUSE Linux System Administration Configuring/Troubleshooting LVM, NFS, NIS, DNS, Multi-Pathing, MC Power path Performance Monitoring)
- Configuration/Troubleshooting Experience on SUSE Cluster
- Experience on REDHAT 4.x, 5.xSystem Administration o Configuring/Troubleshooting LVM, NFS, NIS, DNS, Multi-Pathing, EMC Powerpath,RAIDMAN, Load Balancer, Performance Monitoring)
- Fedora Linux Administration
- VERITAS Volume Manager & VERITAS Netback up, VERITAS clustering.
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skill.
- ITIL V3 Trained/Certified
- Experience in managing 24x7 production support and Projects
- Must be able to manage time effectively and to deliver on commitments
- Must be able to operate well in a team environment and when under pressure
- Strong knowledge in UNIX/LINUX environments running Oracle DB, SAP etc.
- Drive problem resolution to root cause
- Implement best practices and procedures for key Unix Technologies
- Front ending customer / front office meetings for technical and SLA related discussions.
Diverse Lynx - 14 months ago
Diverse Lynx has hands-on experience in the areas of information technology for Life Sciences and Healthcare, IT Solutions & Staffing....