1. Participates in development of and adherence to all home health service organization's policies, procedures and protocols.
2. Responsible for the implementation and operations of the Home Care Patient Service Program. Evaluates, supervises and monitors patient care activities to ensure compliance with the plan of treatment and goal oriented plan of care.
3. Conducts supervisory home care visits to ensure that safe, effective care is being provided. Assess staff competency and proficiency.
4. Ensures completion of appropriate documentation to facilitate reimbursement.
5. Identifies staffing needs. Directs the recruitment, orientation, training and management of progressional staff. Performs annual reviews on all direct report personnel. Counsels and disciplines staff, when necessary.
6. Supervises and facilitates all patient education training programs.
7. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Quality Improvement Program.
8. Performs related duties, as required.
Must have current knowledge of governmental regulations and third-party reimbursement issues affecting a Home Health Agency.
- Must possess current New York State Nursing licensure. Master's Degree in Nursing or a related field, required.
- Minimum five (5) years progressively responsible related work experience to ensure familiarity with the clinical and managerial aspects of overseeing a Certified Home Health Agency.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 23 months ago
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...