Community Coffee Company is steeped in tradition as rich as our coffee. As the largest family-owned retail coffee brand in the U.S., our company’s roots grew from a small country store in Baton Rouge more than 90 years ago. Community Coffee Company is so much a part of people’s lives and spans so many generations that it has been dubbed the State Coffee of Louisiana.
We are currently seeking a Route Sales Representative – Coffee Service to promote premium brand product sales to new and existing customers, and provide services to existing customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drives vehicle to sell and deliver products, equipment and supplies to customer to achieve financial targets for route profitability
• Records and maintains sales or delivery information in handheld
• Acquires new business by identifying, making cold calls and presentations to prospective customers
• Maintains proper selection and inventory of products for each customer according to PAR levels, account profitability and sales history.
• Collects money from customer
• Makes daily bank deposits of funds
• Cleans truck and performs routine maintenance (such as washing, and checking fluids, oil and tire pressure)
• Solicits existing customers to purchase additional products
• Monitors active accounts
• Checks orders for accuracy before loading
• Coordinates promotional activities in stores (setting up and changing POS materials)
• Assists in proper loading of product into assigned company vehicle
• Merchandising products for easy accessibility by the customer (i.e. cutting boxes, grouping like products in cabinets or shelves, etc)
• Rotates products (stock)
• Monitors and collects delinquent accounts involving home office, when required
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have an acceptable driving record.
• High School diploma or General Education degree (GED); AND one to two years route sales (DSD environment preferred) and cold calling experience; strong sales record.
Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Valid Driver’s License. A Commercial Driver’s License may be required based on vehicle assigned. DOT medical certification required.
• Limited or occasional overnight travel.
• Possesses sales ability and aptitude.
• Must frequently lift up to 35 pounds; may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Must push or pull up to 776 pounds using a rolling pallet or similar equipment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, credit union, and educational assistance.
Community Coffee - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Community Coffee is a cuppa Joe with a Cajun patois, don't you know. Stating that it makes the largest family-owned retail coffee brand...