UPMC Corporate Services is hiring a full-time Systems Analyst, Senior to help support the Oncology IT Administration Department for its UPMC Cancer Centers location. The Systems Analyst, Senior position requires a proficient level of experienced analytical and/or programming capabilities, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications/systems, and providing services to meet client IT and business needs within deadlines, under the general direction of the management team and senior staff. The Systems Analyst, Senior may be responsible for the supervision/direction of three-five project team members. This is a Monday through Friday position working standard business hours.
- Provide service to ISD client community, patients, families and visitors, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Evaluate and document client needs/business processes both operational and financial, including current process analysis and proposed revisions to optimize business processes.
- Assist with the design and documentation of system functional requirements in formats to facilitate the development of deliverables such as Request for Proposals and/or Information, custom development efforts, project based planning documents such as scope documents and client services communication.
- Work with ISD staff, clients and/or vendors to evaluate, develop, and implement solutions including both packaged system solutions and custom development applications options.
- Assure quality of information through business case and application level testing; validate test results to initial business needs.
- Work with ISD staff, clients and/or vendor staff to deploy production applications.
- Design and document system level, IS operations level, and end user level procedures to support business applications.
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of production applications; including 24/7 on call coverage.
- Completes on-going training on-the-job, through courses, self-study, certifications and/or advanced degrees to maintain and enhance technical and business capabilities.
- Proficiently applies IT methods, professional knowledge, and UPMC standards and practices.
- Intuitively grasps familiar, stable system performance situations.
- Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected, or unstable situations with the professionally prescribed standard response.
- Recognizes subtle problems with system design or performance and acts appropriately to improve the condition, seeking validation of actions in advance as appropriate.
- Effective in relationships with business partners, professional peers, and other team members.
- Coaches less experienced IT professionals.
- Must meet IT Career Level Criteria for Individual/Team Contributors outlined in the Universal Criteria Leveling Guide.
- Experience with oncology or clinical application systems support is preferred.
- Nuance experience is preferred.
- New application implementation experience is preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 12 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...