PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage the National Sales process; achieve established budget, New Business and Market Share goals for WCCO-TV
• Strategize with National AE’s on all pieces of business on how to maximize market share and achieve sales goals.
• Negotiate ratings and pricing to achieve maximum use of station resources and share of business.
• Routinely review National Sales forecasting – weekly, monthly and quarterly – to position sales team to respond quickly and effectively to changes in the market.
• Train National teams on selling in the Minneapolis television market place.
• Develop and execute plans with National AE’s to attract new business.
• Interact daily with agency and direct clients while overseeing National account assignments.
• Collaborate with Department Managers to create new revenue opportunities on the air and on the Web.
• Oversee National Sales efforts for Sports and Specials (NCAABB, NFL, Golf, Grammys etc).
• Work with Director of Sales and Local Sales Manager to monitor market conditions and establish rate card.
• Collaborate with the Business Development Manager to establish and sell NTR and marketing programs, sales contests and initiatives for the station.
• Work with National Managers to establish account lists for National Account Executives to maximize revenue potential.
• Generate revenue plans/budgets and expectations for National offices based on established overall national expectations.
• Coordinate with DOS, Sales Managers and Research Director in developing programming estimates, creating sports and specials packages, and creating sales pieces using CBS/WCCO systems.
• Execute continuing education programs for the National sales staff.
• Maintain historical account billings, forecasting and accountability systems.
• Develop relationships with key client personnel both locally and nationally to maximize revenue potential.
• Coordinate with DOS and oversee Sports and key franchise proposals, sales and reporting.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Must be a strong communicator, results-oriented, innovative, and demonstrate leadership.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent communication and presentation skills, computer proficiency required. Minimum 3-5 years experience in broadcast sales or equivalent and managerial experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum Education Level
- 2 years ago - save job