The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
The Senior Corporate Accountant maintains the general ledger for Bloomin' Brands, Inc. performs company-wide financial statement consolidation and supports all internal and external reporting needs in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Consolidate company-wide financial statements in accordance with GAAP;
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and supporting schedules;
- Perform monthly account reconciliations;
- Prepare and record journal entries;
- Analyze financial statements and key metrics and report on variances;
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and internal controls;
- Provide accounting assistance to other departments and accountants;
- Support internal and external auditors in their accounting inquiries;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned;
- Participate in special projects impacting Finance, HR, and other departments; and
- Provide support in completion of SOX documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, with a major in Accounting; and
- CPA or in pursuit of CPA, highly preferred
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant accounting experience;
- 2 years public accounting experience, highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Prior experience with general ledger entry and reporting.
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional follow-up and sense of urgency;
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and
- Ability to display a high level of initiative and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently and with attention to detail.
OSI Restaurant Partners - 11 months ago
OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC is a casual dining restaurant. The Company operates in 49 states and in 20 countries internationally, through C...