Summary: Ability to perform all basic phases of work necessary to maintain facility building and
grounds. Ability to use all necessary tools and/or equipment required for maintenance of the MCH facility. Reports directly to the Lead Maintenance technician and/or Director of Facility Management.
Ability to perform basic preventative maintenance on equipment, buildings, and grounds at the MCH facility.
Performs basic carpenter, electrical, plumbing, HVAC skills to maintain the MCH facility.
Performs basic record keeping to maintain written records for compliance with the Department of Health, JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
Perform regular scheduled preventive maintenance checks, assess general condition of MCH facility and make recommendation for improvements or repairs.
Maintain annual tuberculosis screening, Hepatitis B, CPI, and all other MCH annual requirements.
Follow all policies and procedures that affect the Environment of Care.
Attend regularly scheduled in-service training.
This individual employee may accept other reasonable assignments, which may be necessary for the efficient operation of assigned programs as there is time and opportunity.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience working in maintenance or equivalent experience
- Ability to use an assortment of hand tools, power tools, and other equipment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to work under various working conditions (i.e. bend, stoop, lift, and stand for eight hours)
- Requires ability to perform heaving lifting (at least 80 lbs.) when necessary
- Must have a valid Arkansas driver’s license and be insurable