Senior Software Engineer—Oracle Developer
Seattle-based Varolii Corporation provides interactive communication solutions delivered through a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Derived from the Pons Varolii, the pathway in the brain that unites intelligence and learning with the ability to communicate, the name Varolii evokes the blending of innovative communications technologies with knowledge, learning, and best practices. Enterprises across industries leverage these solutions to automate more of the communications process, resulting in improved operational performance and enhanced customer relationships. Varolii’s multi-channel solutions deliver ongoing valued based on its unique delivery model which combines the convenience of SaaS with a fully managed services environment, an approach that ensures clients achieve an immediate, sustainable ROI.
Varolii is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with offices in Denver, CO; and Burlington, MA. For more information visit: www.varolii.com.
Job Summary: The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for defining and developing information and data visualization tools that assist Varolii clients to realize and optimize business results as well as measure outcomes of their cross channel customer interaction. This person will be working with high volume transactional data to satisfy near real time reporting and data visualization needs.
- Architect, design and develop high-quality, reliable product components, performing requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit test
- Enhance and Maintain product components, including reporting-related infrastructure (ETL and reporting database) and reporting (summarization and report generation), on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with Product Management to define the requirements
- Communicate with other teams regarding upcoming product functionality, reporting implications and opportunities, and operational issues
- Respond to ad hoc data and reporting requests
- Participate in production on-call support rotation
- Participate in monthly production release activities
- Identify and explore opportunities for product performance improvements
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Passion for all things data & reporting
- Report definition and implementation experience
- Excellent SQL skills, preferably Oracle
- Superb creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Unix and with Unix shell scripting
- Experience working in a team environment
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Strong background in data modeling or object model definition
- Experience with WebFOCUS, a 4GL report definition language is a plus
- Working knowledge of basic statistics is desirable
- Knowledge of BI and Business Analytics packages is desirable
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise level software solutions, encompassing the complete software lifecycle
For further consideration please send your resume to: http://www.varolii.com/Company/Careers.aspx
Varolii Corporation - 21 months ago
Varolii makes sure customers and employees get the message. The company provides automated contact and notification software. Its products...