Established in 1978 and based in Sunnyvale, California, Trimble is a recognized worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of innovative positioning technology-based products for a wide range of applications. Trimble and its global group of operating companies combine location-based technology with wireless communications and sophisticated software to design unique solutions for applications that include construction, agriculture, mining, and surveying. Our products have been used to survey the height of Mount Rainier, dig the Boston Tunnel, and monitor the spread of disease in remote areas of Africa. Come to work for Trimble - and position yourself for success.
Product Sales Representative
The Product Sales Representative (PSR) is accountable for the introduction, development and execution of sales product training for their primary product group. The PSR will report to a Business Segment Sales Manager for direction to ensure the overall strategic goals are met. This individual is responsible for providing leadership, direction, hands-on coaching\training to the Trimble Ag Distribution partners and the Business Segment Sales Manager. The incumbent will also assist or lead dealer training; dealer pre (70%) and post (30%) sales support assistance, and some end-user support for strategic clients. Leading local user groups and generally taking the technical lead for regional sales issues that have been identified through the Ag Support escalation process will be a key responsibility.
Measures of Success:
- Interface with distributor sales people:
- Lead sales training events
- On site distributor product training
- In field demonstrations in conjunction with dealer personnel to win major account sale
- Develop distribution dealer’s knowledge on new Trimble Ag solutions
- Work with Product Sales Manager on assigned objectives to increase presale and post sale support.
- Provides secondary sales support to end user customer issues that have been identified through the Ag Support Channel and Product Sales Manager (escalated cases).
- Respond to, prioritize, follow-up and resolves customers questions/issues as per defined by the Product Sales Manager
- Participate in regional farm show\events
- Provide input on competitive products and activities
- Portray a professional company image at all times.
- Provide in-depth pre sales demonstrations
- Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new product sales to dealers. Provides front line pre and post sales support via phone and email
- Strategic OEM\Account involvement where needed.
- Adhere to Trimble Support Center Practices and guidelines
- Mechanical and educational aptitude to improve the understanding, application and operation of Ag products and heavy equipment.
- Strong aptitude in Ag practices with demonstrated technical capability.
- Strong conflict management skills
- Hands on individual. Mechanically sound.
- Fundamental selling skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good listener to diverse audiences.
Trimble Navigation Limited - 18 months ago