User Experience and Information Designers play both a tactical and strategic role on the Digital User Experience & Design team. They work closely with all levels of business stakeholders across marketing, product, sales and technology to take digital projects from inception to launch, playing a role in one of the following areas [but with strong working knowledge in all: visual design, information organization and visualization, user interface design, and/or usability and research). UX strategists should have exceptional collaboration and communication skills, working to bring business objectives to life by building innovative digital experiences for social, mobile, web, and other digital channels, working with either internal delivery teams or with external digital strategy and design partners. UX strategists provide design expertise and execution throughout project lifecycles as well apply hands on experience in order to develop and deliver UX artifacts as needed.
- Provide expert delivery in visual and information design to project teams on multiple, complex projects; engaging diverse platforms of web and mobile technology.
- Responsible for understanding business problems and collaborating with project teams and key stakeholders to drive projects.
- Work cross-functionally with customers, stakeholders, and partners to understand their business goals, strategies, and technology challenges.
- Collaborate with team members in creation and/or review of project deliverables, including but not limited to: concept sketches, storyboards, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, and hi-fi screen designs.
- Use insight gained via research, analytics, competitive activities and emerging trends to inform UX design opportunities.
- Drive development of standards, discipline, and maintenance activities within the organization.
- Lead User Experience Team with execution of best practices.
- Keep management informed of project activity, interdependencies, challenges and opportunities.
Visual Design Qualifications:
- The ability to work with minimal direction in a constantly evolving fast-paced environment
- The ability to deliver design solutions tailored to audience or need
- The ability to balance between strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- The ability to work well in multi-disciplinary groups including technical, business, marketing and consumer experience.
- A love of collaboration and learning.
- Extreme attention given to every pixel.
UX Design Qualifications:
- Strong information visualization skills, and advanced skills in graphic design and designing branded experiences.
- The ability to distill and organize large amounts of complex information into simple, useful, and usable designs
- The ability to develop a visual response to design challenges, including understanding of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition and construction of meaningful images.
- The ability to communicate designs effectively through sketches, storyboards, mockups, wireframes, lo-fi prototypes and user stories/narratives
- Understanding of the methods of human-centered design.
- Experience in information architecture, interaction design, and user interface design.
- Must know how to turn user research and usability feedback into creative and easy to use solutions
- Knowledge of user interface evaluation techniques, including usability testing, with tools like Morae, heuristic review, and Web analytics analysis
- Application of Human centered design methods
- Sketching, storyboarding, typography, image manipulation
- Low-fidelity prototyping to demonstrate interactions (paper, Axure, Balsamiq, etc)
- High-fidelity design execution of information graphics, user interfaces and imagery
- Proficiency in visual design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Understanding of brand concepts as it relates to UX and design
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, visual design, communications, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' related, progressive experience delivering consumer-facing digital experiences
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and listening skills
- Experience working in web, mobile, app, social
- Digital agency experience
- Healthcare experience
Gateway Health Plan - 9 months ago