PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The position develops and implements a comprehensive Compliance Program to include Fresenius Medical Services and Corporate Compliance Administration.
As part of the Compliance Program the position will develop systems designed for the timely detection, response, investigation, analysis and applicable corrective action pertaining to any relevant compliance matter. The position will coordinate and oversee the development, implementation and ongoing revision of compliance policies, guidance and procedures designed to comply with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations affecting the Company and develops, monitors, and assists in appropriate compliance training for Fresenius Medical Services.
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Leads the continued development, implementation, maintenance, ongoing evaluation and improvement of the mature compliance program in Fresenius Medical Services.
- Provides regular reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer and senior management of Fresenius Medical Services regarding relevant compliance matters for Fresenius Medical Services and compliance administrative operations.
- Assists and oversees the development and deployment of business-specific training and educational materials for Fresenius Medical Services.
- Determines annual goals, manages and mentors the field compliance staff of FMS and the Corporate Compliance Department administrative staff. Includes performance feedback, merit reviews and development of staff.
- Oversees and supports development and deployment of compliance training and educational materials, and coordinates the compliance training for all corporate personnel in coordination with FMCNA’s Corporate Compliance Department
- Monitors international laws and regulations, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and develops programs, policies, training and monitoring designed to mitigate identified risk areas.
- Monitors applicable legal and regulatory developments and industry standards to determine compliance trends and relevant requirements.
- Develops and conducts compliance risk assessments to identify potential compliance risk within the assigned business. Monitors internal controls to mitigate or reduce identified risk areas.
- Oversees the development, updating and implementation of appropriate department and compliance program policies and procedures.
- Participates as a senior compliance executive at business operation and compliance meetings.
- Participates in multidisciplinary policy and procedure development to ensure the inclusion of compliance topics as necessary.
- Communicate with external entities with regard to compliance matters and regulations.
- Serves as the compliance resource, upon request, for the formal investigation of compliance concerns involving legal review, working closely with FMCNA’s Law Department or outside counsel.
- As appropriate, works with the Compliance Investigations and Audit department to conduct and direct timely and thorough investigations pertaining to compliance issues and concerns (Confidential Disclosure Program); -accurately documents the investigation and appropriate corrective action(s) to be taken in response to compliance investigations. Specifically oversees the investigation of high risk cases or those brought to the attention of the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Identifies areas that call for monitoring by compliance audit, internal audit, members of the quality team or billing group auditors.
- Provides relevant reports to senior management and appropriate levels of management within the Company on compliance program updates and relevant compliance concerns
- Prepares monthly reports to management and the Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer to present to the Board of Directors as requested, including data and trend analysis.
- Serves as the Privacy and Security Officer for Fresenius Medical Services working closely with the FMCNA Privacy and Security Officer.
- Directs the implementation and ongoing maintenance of FMCNA’s Compliance Program pertaining to corporate administration and operations.
- Provides technical and strategic expertise, process improvement, a compliance plan and guidance related to corporate operations and administration within the Compliance department and staff.
- Continually improves the Compliance Program within Corporate administration.
- Develops and monitors annual compliance department budget.
- Oversees Administrative duties in the department to include, but not limited to, Donations process, Board and Annual Compliance Reports, management of general compliance operations, payroll, accounts payable and other relevant senior operational and administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced degree in an appropriate business or healthcare discipline is preferred. Compliance certification(s) are preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 10 plus years experience in a relevant business or healthcare field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a healthcare compliance or related role required.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity and the ability to direct and develop others.
- Specific experience in the areas of developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedure in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of the Dialysis Industry and Fresenius Operations desirable.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analyze data, convey meaning of data and trends and derive recommendations on actions to improve for varied audiences
- Hands on, detail orientated work ethic combined with the ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams of senior management personnel.
- Experience in negotiations and dealing with outside governing entities.
Fresenius Medical Care - 19 months ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...