Position Title: Engineer II, Software
Location: North Bethesda, MD
Description: The Software Engineer will provide full life cycle software and system development in support of PTFS’ software applications and system integration projects. This position offers an excellent opportunity for technical growth and learning.
· Design software and systems, including requirements analysis, use case modeling, UML and participation in design meetings.
· Develop software for PTFS’ JEE-based applications using current frameworks and tools, including all tiers of a multi-tiered system.
· Develop software for imaging and workflow utilities and projects using Java and other languages.
· Research specifications, i.e. file formats, products specifications, for application or requirements derivation.
· Learn tools and become an imagery and/or geospatial expert in support of products and contracts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ years of experience creating software applications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· US Citizen and ability to obtain a security clearance
· Spring, JBoss, Hibernate, JQuery
· Experience with building Web Application
· Experience with Solar and Lucene
· Geospatial and imagery formats
· Knowledge of digital archiving, search, image technologies and/or software development processes
· Knowledge of application clustering and hardware deployment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.