We have a Driver – Container Delivery position open in Owensboro, Ky.
The Driver – Container Delivery maintains the container yard and containers.
Representative Responsibilities - Driver – Container Delivery:
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives truck to customer locations, and climbs into and out of truck in order to pick up and deliver new or replacement containers.
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to lift/load containers.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatcher(s) and supervisors.
- Reads route sheet, follows map and services each customer (delivery and/or pick up of containers) as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Performs minor repairs to containers on-site or in the container yard.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Cleans up the area around an accidental waste spill.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Must meet Republic Services Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 14 months ago