Project responsibility for planning, development and execution of technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing and coordinating project team assignments.
Essential Job Functions
- Works in tandem with designers to coordinate design development and construction documents.
- Advanced understanding of planning, programming and design principles and methods.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Directs production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans and details, insuring quality control and completion.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress of construction
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual
- May establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan with project manager.
- Directs or coordinates production of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides documentation in collaboration with Project Manager.
- May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations.
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
Professional Degree in Architecture
Healthcare Experience Required
Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
Familiar with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
Understanding of project management process
Ability to apply CAD and interpret and review CAD drawings
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to direct or coordinate work efforts of junior staff
Collaborative and professional work ethic
LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Perkins+Will - 3 years ago
Established in 1935, Perkins+Will is a global interdisciplinary architecture and design firm founded on the belief that design has the power...